The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) offers many resources on the prevention, treatment and national impact of influenza and Coronavirus Disease 2019 C(OVID-19), including:
- The Seasonal Influenza (Flu) pages of CDC’s website have lots of flu prevention and education resources, including specific information for schools, businesses & travelers, and a Communication Resource Center with free resources – everything from print-ready brochures to videos to podcasts – to help with flu prevention communication.
- The Pandemic Influenza pages of CDC’s website provide in-depth information on preparing for a global outbreak of a new influenza A virus, including basic definitions and planning and preparedness resources.
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- A downloadable graphic novel, “Preparedness 101: Zombie Pandemic,” a free resource that helps younger readers understand the importance of being prepared for an emergency, and also offers a preparedness checklist.
- Immigrant and Refugee Resources, a page with downloadable seasonal flu resources in 12 different languages.
- The regularly-updated Twitter feed of the CDC’s Center for Preparedness and Response
The Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) provides Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for an Influenza Pandemic, with information on ways influenza can spread and steps every employer can take to reduce the risk of exposure to pandemic influenza in their workplace,
The National Library of Medicine (NLM) provides a self-paced course on setting up a Continuity of Operations Plan, as well as multiple resources on the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).